Sunday, October 7, 2012

Night

Michael, do you remember when we were both afraid of the dark? After we turned off the lights in the kitchen, we would both run upstairs, sometimes tripping each other, as to try and escape any witch, robber, or ax murderer that could be downstairs. Silly and juvenile but up until your death, I still did it. For me, the dark represented my fears and my fears represented my vulnerabilities and my vulnerabilities represented the unknown.

As you know, my biggest fear came true. The dark no longer intimidates me. In fact, I crave darkness. That's partially the reason why I didn't sleep for the first year after you died. I knew that if you were to come to me, it would be at the darkest hour of night, for nighttime makes everything more real...



No fears and limitless, MHF

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10