Saturday, October 27, 2012

Forever is Never Enough


-Story People


Michael, forever would not have been enough time with you. Our time was too short...how did that happen? Why was that our fate? I will never know.

What I do know is that it is an honor to be your sister, your twin, your best friend. You have touched my soul in so many ways. I only wish that I could have told you that before you died. My hope is that you felt it, that you felt our deep connection and knew that we were two peas in a pod, a package of two. 

I know that I will always wish you were here by my side, that you should be living this life and not me, but you did survive. You survived through me. For I can only stay negative for so long, my strength- our strength shines through and I am reminded of the beautiful person you were and that you would have become. 

Every now and then I let myself glance back over our life and shared memories and momentarily feel a glimmer of hope. For knowing you, even though it was for only a short time, was enough. Enough to make me feel loved and treasured for the rest of my life. 

I still wish you were here but life has been more fair because I had you for twenty years. How lucky was that?!

-Story People



......No fears and limitless, MHF 




No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10