Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I've loved and I've lost

There are three characteristics I posses that truly define me. I am loyal to a fault, I have endless love and devotion, and I have incredible strength. These three qualities, intertwined and tangled together, compose my soul. Each of these strengths runs so deep within me that it oftentimes leaves others surprised and overwhelmed but those who truly know me aren't surprised at all. For they know that my soul purpose in life is to


However, despite these being my strengths, they are also my biggest weaknesses. Who would have thought that?

I, unfortunately, have learned the restriction of my love despite it being such a powerful force of nature. For when we were in the water struggling, it was my love for you that gave me the strength to give up. I sacrificed my life for you...only to end up on shore alive, alone, and twinless. 

In the midst of my heartbreak and grieving, I learned to love another. Both being through traumatic circumstances, we leaned on each other. Then the ultimate test came. He left for a year long deployment in Afghanistan. Knowing full well what could happen, I thought that my love could surpass all the hardships...and once again, my love fell short.

My biggest strength failed me.


But it is my strength that keeps me from crumbling and cracking. Its as if I am made of diamond, the strongest mineral in the world, for nothing seems to break me. All I can do is keep moving forward and remember that



No fears and limitless, MHF




No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10