Saturday, September 22, 2012

2.5 years of rain

When it rains, it pours and in my world it has been a non-stop rain shower. 


The day that you died, it poured. Those thirty minutes of sunshine were tantalizing, taunting, and beckoning us. Who would have thought that the sun could be so evil, so burning, so deceiving. 

The first year I was in shock. Not truly knowing what had happened yet protecting myself from the nightmare that was to begin- the grief, healing, and understanding that you, my twin, left me alone on this earth. Terrified and fending for myself, I realize that although your struggle is over, mine is just beginning. The first year is over, my protection is done. This second year commemorates my anger, hurt, and depression all combining into self torture and my one liner: "I should have died". 

Through this grieving cycle I only hope to come out stronger, more like you and wiser but most importantly, I know that I will come out a shaped person, living your dreams along with mine. We are now one.


No fears and limitless, MHF

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10