Sunday, September 14, 2014

Phantom

"When a woman has seen me, as you have, she belongs to me. She loves me forever." - Gaston Leroux, The Phantom of the Opera

My love for you, my conqueror, was grown from an empty, shattered heart. Sneaking up, the moment I looked into your eyes that day, I knew. I knew that my being would be forever changed. For I saw your soul, your depth, your sorrow, your love. What was seen that day, bonded us together. 

Just like the Phantom haunts Christine, you haunt me, always. Trying to break free, trying to find a new love, trying to live my own life is useless, Michael. For I am forever haunted by this love, by this destiny. Just like Christine, I have a phantom. 

However, my phantom isn't pulling me towards a life of love. He pulls me toward the bitterly dark world of unrequited love. This bitterly dark world that leaves me empty and alone. Sealing my fate, that day I looked into your eyes, you had me. You will always have me, Michael. 

The promises whispered to Christine, those that were once whispered to me, are gone. Abandoned, my love, you have abandoned me. Instead of the hatred that I should feel, I am drawn to you. Our love, our bond, our connection overrides all the heartache you have caused. I will truly never live as I have lived before. I will truly never live if you aren't in my life. 

And in the end, Christine has a choice between her Phantom and Raoul. But I don't. Your promises, your power, your love leaves me no choice. I will forever be haunted by you, my phantom.

"If I am the Phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved, it is because your love redeems me" -Gaston Leroux, The Phantom of the Opera


No fears and limitless, MHF

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10