Sunday, July 28, 2013

Un Segno

Michael, who would have guessed. How would I have known that our beach, the beach that you died on, the beach that almost took my life, would become even more significant.

A few nights ago, while dealing with the most painful migraine, I went to our beach. I had not been there for a month and just felt the need to go. Originally just going to watch the sunset, I had no idea what I was truly in store for.

On the beach, I got caught up in my thoughts. Seeing the crabs, hearing the crunch of the shells beneath my feet and smelling the salty ocean air, my sunset watch turned into a two mile walk. South of the pier, yet only a half mile from where you left me, my life drastically changed again.

Three and a half years ago, death overtook my life. My light, my spark, my life dimmed, changing me to this very day. Unrecognizable, I was just floating along not truly knowing my place on this earth. Three and a half years later, in almost the exact spot, my place was found.

While walking back towards the pier in the darkness, the scene I witnessed took my breath away. Michael, I saw baby sea turtles making their way into the ocean. A once in a lifetime event, an occasion that people camp out to see during these summer months, and I just happened to stumble across it. With just one other person by my side, I saw the first moments of life for these babies. What made it even more magical was the fact that I could not take pictures. It was a moment in time that technology could not capture, it was a moment in time that will never leave me.

On the same beach that I witnessed your death, I experienced life.

A sign.


No fears and limitless, MHF



No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10