Monday, July 29, 2013

Coincidence, Fate, Both, or Neither

Lately I have been thinking about fate. I am not even sure that I believe in fate. Nor do I believe in coincidences. I guess I am not sure what I believe in.


What I am sure of is the fact that unbeknownst to me and to most; things happen for a reason. Most reasons are a mystery. It could take years to finally understand and grasp but every reason eventually becomes crystal clear.

...

The reason of March 12, 2010? I am still unsure, might always be
The reason why we went to the beach? Your first day and my last
The reason we decided to play catch? IT is what we always did 
The reason we put our toes in the water? That is what people do at the beach
The reason why I was drunk and you had dip? We were celebrating
The reason why I survived and you did not? I am still unsure, might always be.

...

The reason we met? I do not know yet, I will soon
The reason why you sat next to me? That was the only empty chair in the back
The reason we spent the summer together? We had a deep, magnitising connection
The reason why I did not come to Mississippi right before your deployment? I was not ready
The reason you left and stopped talking to me? I do not know yet, I will soon

...

Two defining moments. Two moments in which I made a decision that sealed my fate. Two fates in which I could picture my life. Two lives that did not happen but turned into coincidences. Two coincidences that make perfect reasons. Two reasons that turned into one destiny.


no fears and limitless, MHF


No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10