Monday, February 4, 2013

Broken until Whole

I broke a promise to myself. I never wanted to return to Florida, never wanted to face the place that killed you, that almost killed me. Filled with too much heartache, pain, and loss- West Palm Beach and the ocean would never see me again...or so I thought.

Michael, I just got back from four days in Florida, in West Palm Beach, in paradise. Instead of anger, hurt, and tears, I found inspiration. 


This notion of inspiration was surprising, refreshing, frightening. For I wasn't expecting that to be my reaction, wasn't ready to be hit with awe.

---

Michael, I didn't go to Florida to torture myself. I went to feel closer to you. I went to completely lose my breath.



Instead of losing my breath, I had too much. Overwhelming feelings of love and support washed over me while I was there. Feelings that I was longing for, feelings that I need, feelings that I want.

Now I can't stop thinking about Florida. First using it as my escape, now using it as my way to heal and move forward.


No fears and limitless, MHF


No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10