Monday, August 3, 2015

The Aging of Time

Having just watched The Age of Adaline, I was drawn to this movie as it spoke to my heart. For Adaline was constantly running, never fully living in the moment just like I was.

Michael when you died, I was struck with a bolt of lightening, just like Adaline. While it took her over one hundred years to come-to, it only took me five. These past five years have been filled with many ups and downs, all resting on the notion that I can't truly live without you. Wrapped in guilt, sadness, and at times depression, I forced myself to try to live in the moment. Constantly searching, I never knew if I would ever find peace.

Then it happened.

Slowly and with care, peace has overcome me. While this peace at times can be not be peaceful, it is cupped with the notion of moving forward. And while I am moving forward, I am learning that it's okay to be selfish. For my selfishness is making me pursue my dreams and more importantly, it's making me closer to you.

So while one door is closing and another is opening, I am learning that closing doors is not always easy. Necessary and hard, I am living my life in the moment. For everything will be okay, including my new found peace


No Fears and Limitless, MHF

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10