Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Nearness of You


- Postsecret 


Michael, since you've died I have done everything with a purpose. I have always been strategic and everything that I do, I do for a reason. But when you died, I thought that I survived to live your life. I knew that my life became yours.

Psychological numbing- whether it's self protecting or self destructing, I lost you. I lost you in more ways than one. Struggling to feel you again, a force overtook me. Being near to you became my new dream.

I built up my life around you and those that made me think of you. I put you first. Now, I am not sure where my life ends and yours begins. I don't know if I'm living my dream or yours. Our interconnectedness, though special and precious, is at times overwhelming. I don't know what to do anymore.

Maybe that's what happens when you lose your sibling, your twin, your best friend, your soulmate. Maybe I am so wrapped up in trying to feel you that I lost sight of myself, lost sight of my purpose in life. Or maybe all along my purpose, my fate, my destiny is to have a life of struggle.




No fears and limitless, MHF

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10